[hibernate-dev] hibernate mysql testsuite

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at jboss.com
Wed Nov 29 05:03:33 EST 2006

On Wed, 29 Nov 2006 10:10:46 +0100, Darryl Miles
<darryl-mailinglists at netbauds.net> wrote:

> Aleksandar Kostadinov wrote:
>> As the testsuite was continually failing because of a mysql bug that is
>> fixed in 4.1.18 I think it's worth installing newer version.
>
> Have you got a reference to this bug ?

yes, knowing what that bug is would be beneficial.

And regarding the version then Mysql 4.whateveristhelateststable sounds
like the best match.

Mysql 5 is still in beta, correct ?

With respect to isam and innodb I would say that innodb is the important
one
since isam doesn't have proper tx isolation nor foreign key constraints and
as such is not really something we want to encourage.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
max at hibernate.org