[hibernate-dev] hibernate mysql testsuite

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadinov at jboss.org
Wed Nov 29 06:38:53 EST 2006

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>>>  yes, knowing what that bug is would be beneficial.
>>>  And regarding the version then Mysql 4.whateveristhelateststable
>>> sounds like the best match.
>>

> no bug ref still ? :)

There will not be ;) Sorry I've sent a note to Darryl and not to the list.
I've lost the ref. I don't have even the error message now so it will be
very hard to find it again. The bug is that there get tables created
which cannot be dropped because of some temporary files incorrectly
created. It is not a problem for now, but could appear in the future
breaking any consequent tests. And this is why I think we need a newer
version."

>>>  Mysql 5 is still in beta, correct ?
>>

>> No.  5.0 went GA I guess 3rd Nov 2005.
>

> ah - not so long ago then ;)
>
>> I'd have thought having access to a working SQL server from each
>> vendor  in each supported version series must be a useful resource
>> just to have  anyway.  If you want pointers on installing/dual homing
>> your test box  with multiple MySQL servers drop me a mail.
>

> I got too many different db installations to count on my box so i got
> it  covered ;)

So which version do you guys prefer and is the fail rate for the mysql
tests normal?