[hibernate-dev] many-to-one association no persists

Cristiano Rufino cristiano.rufino at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 12:09:46 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am having a problem to insert or update the Exam object, as follow:

Exam.hbm.xml
[code]

<!DOCTYPE hibernate-mapping PUBLIC
     "-//Hibernate/Hibernate Mapping DTD 3.0//EN"
     "http://hibernate.sourceforge.net/hibernate-mapping-3.0.dtd" >

 <hibernate-mapping>
 <!--
     Created by the Middlegen Hibernate plugin 2.2

rel="nofollow">http://boss.bekk.no/boss/middlegen/</a>
rel="nofollow">http://www.hibernate.org/</a>
 -->

 <class
     name="Exam"
     table="exam"

     <composite-id name="comp_id" class="ExamPK">
         <key-property
             name="cdUnit"
             column="cd_unit"
             type="java.lang.Integer"
             length="4"
         />
         <key-property
             name="cdExam"
             column="cd_exam"
             type="java.lang.Integer"
             length="4"
         />
     </composite-id>

     <many-to-one
         name="pacient"
         class="Pacient"
         not-null="true"
         update="false"
 	insert="false"

         <column name="cd_pacient" />
         <column name="cd_unit" />
     </many-to-one>

 </class>
 </hibernate-mapping>

 [/code]

The problem is that the association with pacient is not pesisting in
the database, due to update="false" insert="false" configuration.
But without this configuration, occour a mapping error:
org.hibernate.MappingException: Repeated column in mapping for entity:
Exam column: cd_unit (should be mapped with insert="false" update="false").

The exam table have as PK (cd_exam and cd_unit) e the pacient table PK
(cd_pacient and cd_unit).
But I need to persist the reference to pacient when I am insert or
update the exam objet in the database.

Please could anyone help me?

Thanks,
Rufino.