[hibernate-dev] Possible to confirm that versioning is broken forPersistentSets?

Josh Moore josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Sep 13 04:37:36 EDT 2006

Got the fixes in r10470. Thanks. I updated HHH-1668 -- PList and PBag
still have issues (failing tests). I can add a patch if you don't have
it local, Steve. The failing tests I had for PMap have apparently been
fixed.

I'm also having problems again with HHH-1401. Added a test (see link
below), but basically it comes down to this:

	// ... test prelude
	Parent p = new Parent();
	Child c = new Child();
	p.getChildren().add( c );
	c.setParent( p );
	s.save( p );
	// ... test postlude

	// ... new session
	Parent p2 = s.merge( p );
	// ... test postlude

	assertTrue( p.getVersion().equals( p2.getVersion() );
	// BOOM

Is this the expected behavior that merging a collection will _always_
cause a version update??

--[links]--
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1668
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-1401