[hibernate-dev] Hibernate 2 and Informix Dynamic Server 9.4

Thanh Nguyen thnguy02 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 12 15:45:54 EDT 2007

Hello,

We have an application and it works fine with MS SQL
2000.  The application also needs to support Informix
Dynamic Server 9.4.  When we tested it with IDS 9.4,
we encountered a ‘record is locked’ error.  We set
lock mode wait and we got ‘lock timeout expired’.
Finally, we increased timeout and we got ‘deadlock
detected’.

I would like to know if Informix Dynamic Server 9.4 is
fully supported by Hibernate 2.  The site
http://herber-consulting.de/cgi-bin/IfxMarkReq.pl says
Informix is not supported by the Hibernate development
team, is it true?

Thanks,
Thanh