[hibernate-dev] Re: JBoss Cache and Hibernate Integration

Steve Ebersole steve at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 16 07:52:31 EDT 2007

> Sorry about jumping in on this so late, just back from vacation and
> still ploughing through backlog.
>
> 1)  2.0.0.GA will not be out for a while.  Planning a long CR run and
> coinciding GA with JGroups 2.5, circa early June.
Then this is a big problem.  I expect 3.3 much sooner than that...

> 4)  Steve, re: the TM issue, how could we delegate this to a
> strategy?  At the moment we register Synchronizations directly with
> the TM.  Are you suggesting that Hibernate injects the strategy into a
> JBC instance and the JBC instance registers the Synchronization there
> instead of the TM?  If this is so, does a strategy implement any
> standard interface so as not to couple JBC and Hibernate?
They are already coupled.  What I had suggested was that JBC define an
interface/strategy against which it actually registered its synchs
(another conceptual possibility here would be to rely on the new
TransactionSynchronizationRegistry added in JEE5; but then we'd need to
include it separately for pre-JEE5 environments).  Of course, standard
JBC strategy behavior would be for it to register synchs against the
TM.  However, as a configuration option, Hibernate could inject a
different strategy through which it could handle registration of the JBC
synchs such that it could then manage ordering of execution.