[hibernate-dev] Reading from a view but writing to a table

Warren Smith warren at wandrsmith.net
Wed Apr 18 15:03:33 EDT 2007

I need to create a hibernate mapping that reads from a view, but
writes to one of the tables that the view is based upon.  The view
provides several read-only generated fields that I need to have
populated in my class.  The view is not updateable, at least MySQL 5
won't let me update it.

I have scoured the documentation, but I still cannot figure out how to
accomplish this.

I'm probably overlooking something simple.  Can someone enlighten me?

--
Warren Smith