[hibernate-dev] dynamic entities

Christian Bauer christian at hibernate.org
Mon Apr 30 17:19:04 EDT 2007

On Apr 30, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Iyad Elian wrote:

> alternative persistence model common in some domains like the medical
> domain. how do I go about it?

So data consistency and integrity is not important in the medical
domain and the EAV stuff is used as the main model for data
management? I can't believe that. EAV is just a synonym for "I don't
like to think about data management and schema evolution, therefore
let me break it right away in the design phase." Of course, it has
its uses but it's rare to see it applied properly.

Implementing an EAV pattern on top of Hibernate is trivial. Attached
some source you may use if you promise never to design a system with
this that runs my pacemaker.