[hibernate-dev] dynamic entities

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 18:22:14 EDT 2007

Christians answer was actually serious ;)

My background is medical systems and both HL7, GEPJ and the european
DH<something I can' remember anymore>
has a great deal of genericity because the medical domain has it...but I
don't see how it requires
the level of dynamicity you are referring too.

/max

> very funny. I had similar skepticism  until I worked in such domain. I
> understand the issues surrounding such a model, I spent 15 years working
> for Oracle. implementing it is not that trivial. there is a real need
> and I explain the details if I have more serious replies.
>
> Christian Bauer <christian at hibernate.org> wrote:
> On Apr 30, 2007, at 9:48 PM, Iyad Elian wrote:
>
>> alternative persistence model common in some domains like the medical
>> domain. how do I go about it?
>
> So data consistency and integrity is not important in the medical
> domain and the EAV stuff is used as the main model for data
> management? I can't believe that. EAV is just a synonym for "I don't
> like to think about data management and schema evolution, therefore
> let me break it right away in the design phase." Of course, it has
> its uses but it's rare to see it applied properly.
>
> Implementing an EAV pattern on top of Hibernate is trivial. Attached
> some source you may use if you promise never to design a system with
> this that runs my pacemaker.

>  Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen