[hibernate-dev] SVN migration done + new build system

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 16 00:58:33 EDT 2007

663 commits later the migration to the new structure is done. All
projects are top level:

core (Branch_3_2)
jpa-api
commons-annotations
annotations
entitymanager
validator
search

tags have been migrated and normalized (ie HibernateExt is out), I
had to keep Branch_3_2 as is because of the project renaming that
occurred a while back. I have done copies (except for trunk which has
been moved). When tools will have migrated, I think we should move
tags trunk and branches to a legacy top project (makes life easier to
remember the old structure). I've attached the script I used for the
migration (the worse piece of code I've ever written).

I have done a few changes:

I use Ivy to resolve internal dependencies (between the ex-
HibernateExt projects only for now). There are 2 kind of
dependencies, core and test. If you have a dependency on some local
change, edit ivy.xml and set the version to latest.integration.
Otherwise just use a released version, the jars will be downloaded
from repository.jboss.org: the good news is that if someone is only
working on search, he no longer needs to checkout the associated
projects (aside from core)

The dependency with ex-Hibernate3 is now at the same level, the
structure should be

Root
|- core (Branch_3_2)
|- jpa-api
|- commons-annotations
|- annotations
|- entitymanager
|- validator
|- search

in core
ant prepare-dir-up is still mandatory

Please all update to the new trunk ([project]/trunk

If some souls could brwse the SVN repo to see if I made mistakes,
same for the projects, give it a try locally, I might have screwed
the build process.