[hibernate-dev] Hibernate as JPA persistence-provider in SAP Netweaver

De Silva Jayasinghe, Robin robin.de.silva.jayasinghe at sap.com
Fri Aug 31 02:27:24 EDT 2007

Hi Steve!

> We are aware that the Hibernate SessionFactory attempts to obtain a Connection
> during its construction in order to query the JDBC metadata, yes.

> I think you may be slightly confused (it seems that way to me anyway).  The
> connection obtained during construction of a SessionFactory has absolutely
> nothing to do with the connections used by sessions.

I accept the fact that the connection obtained by SessionFactory is in no relation to the one used by the Session. However, Table 2 in chapter 4.5.2 of "EJB 3.0 Core Contracts and Requirements" states that during dependency injection in a SLSB the access to ResourceManager is not allowed. We interpret this part of the spec in a way that a SLSB is not allowed to access to any resources (including datasources). Of course we accept the fact that you might interpret the spec in a different way. I only want to raise some awareness that Hibernate in its current state does not run as smooth as it could on Netweaver.

Best Regards,
Robin

--

Robin de Silva Jayasinghe
Software Developer

SAP AG
Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16
D-69190 Walldorf, Germany
T   +49 6227 747474
mailto:robin.de.silva.jayasinghe at sap.com
http://www.sap.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft/Registered Office: Walldorf, Germany
Vorstand/SAP Executive Board: Henning Kagermann (Sprecher/CEO), Léo Apotheker (stellvertretender Sprecher/Deputy CEO), Werner Brandt, Claus Heinrich, Gerhard Oswald, Peter Zencke
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairperson of the SAP Supervisory Board: Hasso Plattner
Registergericht/Commercial Register Mannheim No HRB 350269

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt.
Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.