[hibernate-dev] embed-xml=false leaves you stuck

Bill Burke bburke at redhat.com
Tue Dec 11 21:02:15 EST 2007

I was looking at the XML mapping support for Hibernate recently and have
some questions/suggestions.

One thing that seriously annoyed me was that if you do not have
embed-xml="true" you can never get access to an association/relationship
in XML format.  This means that I cannot have embed-xml="false" and load
the relationship with a fetch join.  Is there any particular reason I'm
missing here on why it was implemented in this fashion?

I know you have to worry about circular references, but isn't that
something the user/app developer can worry about instead of Hibernate?

I'll get into later why this is a problem for me...

Bill

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat