[hibernate-dev] Maven is not foobar, just fybar

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jun 13 10:07:09 EDT 2007

Hi Chris and Steve,

I took a look at hibernate3 head today because Chris was claiming mvn
eclipse:eclipse were broken.

The short answer to that is that yes - maybe, it actually works (except
for some "funny" things)

I've updated http://hibernate.org/422.html to describe the few things I
had to do to get maven to work on my new machine;
and it worked pretty well.

svn co hibernate3, mvn eclipse:eclipse and I was basically ready to roll.

But I did find some issues here in no particular order:
Why is checkstyle_checks.xml put in resources and thus end up int the
classpath ? Previously it was just in the root of hibernate dir.

Why is the etc directory not inside hibernate-core as something that is
put on the project as a class directory ? With this setup you would have
to change the generated ide configurations every time to include it on the
classpath. Without it the tests and other thing that dpeends on log4j and
a cfg.xml doesn't run.

Is ther no way to avoid having xml-api.jars and other not-always-relevant
jars to be added to the classpath ?

The documentation/ is "annoying" since you can't have both the docs and
the tutorial included in eclipse

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate