[hibernate-dev] Re: hibernate on sybase testsing

Aleksandar Kostadinov akostadi at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 10:56:23 EST 2007

Steve Ebersole wrote:
> I sent you an email about a month ago asking how to connect.

hmmm. can't remember what has happened a month ago... no matter. Hope
we'll fix things now.

>The
> information I have here (which did actually work at one point) no longer
> works:
>
> dev01.jboss.com:4100/tempdb

Correct is jdbc:sybase:Tds:dev01.qa.atl.jboss.com:4100/cruisecontrol
"dev01" without ".jboss.com" could work also if DNS properly configured.
There is tempdb database, but it is not supposed to be used by anyone.

> That was connecting up via the jboss VPN.  Now I guess I get to throw RH
> VPN in to the mix as well...

Yes. You need the Red Hat VPN *or* use the ssh forwarding stuff many
guys prefer over the VPN software. If using ssh I guess you should pass
-L4100:dev01.qa.atl.jboss.com:4100 and use
jdbc:sybase:Tds:localhost:4100/cruisecontrol connection url.

If you have problems accessing the QA Lab can contact me directly.

Regards,
Aleksandar