[hibernate-dev] ECCN for Hibernate

Poslednik, Maciej maciej.poslednik at siemens.com
Thu Mar 8 09:26:05 EST 2007

Hello,

I'd like to use Hibernate in our JAVA application.
This JAVA application is going to be exported to other countries therefore I need information what ECCN classification number can be assigned for Hibernate.

As far as I understood regarding ECCN topic:
1. If there is NO cryptography (>56 bits) included in the source code the ECCN (in most cases) is the same as for e.g. "Java 2 Platform, Standard Edition (J2SE) 5 Binary" =  5D992.b.1. (http://www.sun.com/sales/its/software/software.html#Table_J)

2. If there is a cryptography included (>56 bits) the ECCN number could be 5D002.

Please let me know to which of above groups can I assign Hibernate.

I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance, Regards

Maciej Poślednik
SIEMENS NETWORKS