[hibernate-dev] Memory consumption

Markus Heiden markus at markusheiden.de
Fri Nov 9 16:48:20 EST 2007

Hi Darryl,

the problem is the memory consumption. The database has no problems with the
size of the transaction (I tested this by increasing the max heap size to 1
GB). The workaround I use works for now, so that I need no complex solution
for first. My intend was to find a real solution for the problem by
understanding why this logic was implemented the way it is.

When you have performance problems, take a look at bug HHH-2272 in the
hibernate jira. There I describe performance problems when inserting large
amount of complex transient objects and a preliminary solution for that.

Markus Heiden