[hibernate-dev] Memory consumption

Markus Heiden markus at markusheiden.de
Sun Nov 11 11:00:40 EST 2007

Hi Emmanuel,

> You need it for the post commit insert event.

I know, but during the execution of "post commit" code of the
EntityInsertAction only the id of the instance is needed and this should be
retrievable after a flush. So in all cases there is no need to keep the
reference to the instance after flushing.

> But we could optimize that if there is no such event.

Anyway this solution would be sufficient for first. Or does hibernate keeps
references to instances after a flush somewhere else too?
Shall I create a JIRA issue?

Markus Heiden