[hibernate-dev] 3.3 and maven-eclipse-plugin

Chris Bredesen cbredesen at redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 13:09:10 EDT 2008

Chris Bredesen wrote:
> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> 1) Are you using the *final* Ganymede ? the RC1 of Ganymede had a
>> broken understanding of project names vs. directory names.
>
> Yep.  No mention of RC1 anywhere.
>
> Version: 3.4.0
> Build id: I20080617-2000
>

>> 2) That m2eclipse actually resolves dependencies to project
>> dependencies insteead of jar dependencies is a *Good thing* (e.g.
>> change something in hibernate core and you dont have to wait for maven
>> to complete it build to see the changes, same goes for refactoring etc).
>
> Oh I totally agree.  I wish it would do it correctly :)  But it seems I
> have something else going on so I'll get to the bottom of it.

It turns out that this happens when I try to use the checked out
directory as the Eclipse project base.  So if I open Branch_3_3 as an
empty workspace and then import the maven projects, it uses 'core' for
the project name.  If I create something like Branch_3_3_workspace, and
check out Branch_3_3 *inside* that, it works as expected.

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but *sigh*.

-CB