[hibernate-dev] H.Search: EventListenerRegister

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Aug 25 12:52:38 EDT 2008

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 13:48:13 +0200, Sanne Grinovero
<sanne.grinovero at gmail.com> wrote:

> A) the latest method "isPresentInListeners";
> especially because the current code isn't checking
> all listeners the same way, I suppose because you merged the now
> deprecated
> FullTextIndexCollectionEventListener with the FullTextIndexEventListener.
> I'd use isAssignableFrom, but there's a comment there explicitly telling
> me not to do.
Regarding the inconsistent check I would say that this is just a mistake.
The checks should be consistent and I don't see a reason why
PostCollectionUpdateEventListener should be treated differently to the
others. I also think 'isAssignableFrom' is the way to go. Emmanunel is
online tomorrow. Maybe he can enlighten us regarding this comment.

> B) I'm writing a trivial test, is there any special configuration to
> test for?
Of course the latest configuration - with the latest annotations depedency
- has to work. Other tests might be harder since they depend on different
versions of Annotations and Search. You can test whether an older version
of Annotations still works with the latest of Search and vice versa.

--Hardy