[hibernate-dev] TableGenerator missing "not null"

Juraci Costa jcosta at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 10:12:28 EST 2008

----- "Chris Bredesen" <cbredesen at redhat.com> escreveu:
> The not null constraint is redundant in Oracle and possibly others;
> you
> wind up with two constraints on the table if you specify PK & not
> null.

I don't think so. I tested in our QA lab in both Oracle 9i and 10g. Only one constraint and only one index. This may be true for other databases (I can verify in all the supported), but even if this is the case, would it cause much harm?

>   Perhaps we need an attribute on the Dialect for this...

Like "getNotNullStringForPK()" returning "not null"/"" or "needsNotNullInPK()" returning true/false ? What should be the default in Dialect?

By the way, let me know when you come to Brno. I'm in debt with you :-)

- Juca.