[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 3.1

Aleksander M. Stensby aleksander.stensby at integrasco.no
Mon Feb 25 07:51:50 EST 2008

Hello!
I think it is a very good idéa to go for Lucene 2.3.1 as soon as possible,
since this version fixed a corruption issue introduced in 2.3.
Se snipped text below:

Release 2.3.1 of Lucene Java is now available!

This release contains fixes for serious bugs in 2.3.0 that could cause
index corruptions in autoCommit=false mode or in cases where multiple
threads are adding documents where some have term-vector enabled
fields and some don't.  The autoCommit option was added to IndexWriter
with release 2.2.0. If not explicitly set to false, the IndexWriter
runs in autoCommit=true mode.

2.3.1 does not contain any new features, API or file format changes,
which makes it fully compatible to 2.3.0.

We would like to encourage everyone who currently uses Lucene Java 2.3.0
to upgrade to 2.3.1 to prevent possible index corruptions!

Best regards,
Aleksander M. Stensby