[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Search 3.1

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Mon Feb 25 14:14:25 EST 2008

On Sun, 24 Feb 2008 22:10:34 +0100, Emmanuel Bernard
<emmanuel at hibernate.org> wrote:

> I think Hibernate Search should go for 3.1 from now one in trunk:
Cool.

>   - Hardy started working on the Null marker value and this requires
> some compatibility changes
Well, I started on it and think it is not too hard, but Emmanuel
recommended to wait until 3.1. I will look into it again, but will be very
busy until mit March.

Another issue which I wold like to investigate further is:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HSEARCH-135

> On a less technical note, Hibernate Search has some very good adoption
> both standalone and together with JBoss Seam. I had a lot of tremendous
> feedback at JBoss World Orlando. We even won a JBoss Innovation Awards
Maybe it is time to give Seam another go. The last time I tried it (about
a year ago, seam-gen was not even around :( ) I found it not quite ready
yet.

--Hardy