[hibernate-dev] annotation for adding column comments for hbm2doc

Oliver B. Fischer o.b.fischer at gmx.de
Wed Jan 30 09:14:52 EST 2008

Hello Emmanuel,

wouldn't an annotation like this if you wan't to comment an table

@DocCommnent(
  @Table = "This table stores all user data"
)

or

@DocComment (
  @Column = "Login of the user."
)

be easier for end users to use and to understand. I would prefer an
"comment-only" annotation.

Best Regards

Oliver

Emmanuel Bernard schrieb:
> While not strictly useful for the comment feature, I want to add a
> @ColumnOrFormula annotation to be able to support mixing formula and
> columns in a user type (and a FK definition). Let's say it's a lightly
> correlated feature.
>
> On  Jan 27, 2008, at 19:17, Oliver B. Fischer wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am also still interessted in contributing to this enhancement, but
>> didn't find enough time until now.
>>
>> Emmanuel, in your comment on ANN-537, you suggested an
>> @ColumnOrFormula annotation. Could you explain your idea a little bit
>> more?
>>
>> Prasanna, may we can share the work on this?
>>
>> Bye,
>>
>> Oliver
>>
>> Prasanna Kothandaraman schrieb:
>>> Hi,
>>>  I am looking for annotation to add column comments specifically for
>>> documentation (hbm2doc). I understand that there is no support for
>>> this currently.
>>>  http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/ANN-537
>>>   I am interested in contributing towards this.
>>>  I had hard look at the source code (especially
>>> AnnotationBinder.java, EJB3Column.java etc, table.ftl,
>>> DocExporter.java), but still I could not figure how to provide this