[hibernate-dev] [Hibernate Search] session.flushToIndexes()

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Sat Jun 21 09:49:02 EDT 2008

I never liked the way we work around mass insertion and OOME today

hibernate.search.worker.batch_size has many drawbacks
  - the value is not accessible programatically
  - it applies to any operations regardless of mass indexing
  - it is used 99% of the time in close conjunction with a % and
session.clear()
  - the side effect is quite big as the index is "transactionally"
committed

To replace it, I introduced
session.flushToIndexes();
this method manually triggers changes in queue. It does not trigger an
hibernate core flush().

This seems more reasonable and will make the code safer.

WDYT? Better name?

--
Emmanuel Bernard
emmanuel at hibernate.org