[hibernate-dev] Is this a bug or am I just handling it the wrong way ?

joël Winteregg joel.winteregg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 10:44:05 EDT 2008

Hi Chris,

> > As I understood from your post on issue HHH-3110, Hibernate should not
> > use a lookup class anymore but create (instance) the Transaction
> > Manager. Am I right ? If so, to do this, I should implement a
> > org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionFactory for my transaction
> > manager ?
>
> You can do whichever works.  Using the default JTATransaction, you'll
> need JNDI.

I think I miss understand something... Right now, I'm using JTA and
JNDI. So what do you mean by using the default JTATransaction ? If I do
so (using JNDI with the transaction.manager_lookup_class definition in
Hibernate conf), I get the error related on HHH-3110. So I will have to
remove the lookup class config and implement the
org.hibernate.transaction.TransactionFactory which will create the
Transaction Manager and map it to JNDI to avoid this problem ?

Thanks for your help,

Joël