[hibernate-dev] No successful builds since move to Maven

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Fri May 16 13:20:34 EDT 2008

2008/5/16 Max Rydahl Andersen <max.andersen at redhat.com>:
>> Also before 3.3.0CR1 I could link the projects together instead of making
>> jars, so it was easy to navigate the source to make experiments and could skip
>> all building activities until test phases.
>
> I could do this the last time too...but I wondered my self how these things gets
> done in the maven world (e.g. not depend on the repository jar but just depend on the
> project to get the speed an incremental IDE can give you)

So, nice to hear that: I was thinking it was just me being a newbie with maven;
I think I'll maintain my own project configuration.
Maven is really cool to get all those dependencies I'm not really
interested in, but I prefer to have plain sources for the projects
were I want to work on.

>> I know you are all quite busy, I can help myself (slowly) but my main
>> concern is to understand if these problems are
>> A) known, due the fact nobody completed the migration to maven.
>> B) You all tested only on IDEA
>> C) my environment is completely broken
>
> I think it is a mix - i'm the "eclipse guy" on the team and I just haven't had the time
> to integrate with 3.3.x yet ;(

BTW thanks for the new JBoss developer studio, I finally have a 64bit
version working, very nice!

Sanne