[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Annotations, EntityManager and Validator compatible with Core 3.3.x

Max Bowsher maxb at f2s.com
Thu May 29 11:45:08 EDT 2008

Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
> I added a README here
> (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate-commons-annotations/README.TXT)
> and there
> (http://repository.jboss.org/maven2/org/hibernate/hibernate-commons-annotations/3.3.0.ga/README.TXT)
>
> I am uncomfortable about the idea of artificially bumping versions
> because of maven. Let's ee how it goes

I agree it's rather irksome that any project has to modify itself to
cope with a 3rd party distributor mistake - but I think it would be a
really bad idea to ever release a 3.3.0 version of commons-annotations,
given the confusion that would be caused. With that in mind, I suppose
you could go: 3.1.0, 3.2.0, 3.4.0 - but that isn't any less artificial.

Max.