[hibernate-dev] use_compound_file

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 05:48:00 EST 2008

2 answers inline:

2008/11/13 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>:
> Plus it seems the default value is compound = true, just like in Lucene.
> This is not what we are saying in the doc.
> Am I completely off-base?

No, you are correct.

2008/11/12 Emmanuel Bernard <emmanuel at hibernate.org>:
> So where would we put these?
> under hibernate.search.[index name]. straight?
>
> eg
> hibernate.search.[index name].use_compound_file

this is not how it is working now, you still need to use either
.transaction or .batch.
Also you should use .indexwriter.transaction as omitting the
".indexwriter" is deprecated.
So I would agree with
hibernate.search.[index name].transaction
but this is not currently supported.

Also the current cfg parsing is expecting a tree of options, depth
having proprity, because of all
different configuration rules:
1- batch inheriting from transaction
2- use or not to use .indexwriter (backwards compatibility)
3- inheritance from .default
4- sharded nested configurations... defaulting to upper node.
maybe I forgot some more cases.

Therefore it would be more complex (currently) to NOT accept a
parameter under "transaction" or "batch"
but give priority for the root node for some cases; not so complex to
ALSO accept a parameter under .indexwriter
only (without the transaction or batch part).