[hibernate-dev] exposing statistics easier (HHH-3593 solution)

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Nov 20 13:57:27 EST 2008

I remember doing something like that when I worked initially on
Statistics but Gavin did not like it and I did not like it enough to
argue. I never committed it.

The main problem is that it feels odd for Hibernate to be responsible
for the Bean Server startup.

If we nevertheless go that path, we need to enhance a few things:
  - sessionFactory.close() should release the Bean Server if it
started one initially (good citizen)
  - sessionFactory.close() should release the MBean
  - it would be nice to find a better way than  the *platform* hack
( maybe hibernate.generate_statistics.jmx.mbeanserver.plaform = true )
  - methods using reflections don't really have to break the Java
conventions, just name them getPlatformBeanServer(), that's what they
are doing.