[hibernate-dev] cache-jbosscache3 module for Hibernate Core

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Mon Oct 13 04:57:23 EDT 2008

Guys,

The API of JBC 3.0 is compatible with 2.x so the actual provider code
should not change, but we probably want to test MVCC as a locking
scheme as well.

So, we either

1)  need a cache-jbosscache3 module (yuk!), copy the providers and
existing tests from cache-jbosscache2 and add a few extra tests.

or,

2)  assume that cache-jbosscache2 refers to an API and not a version
of the cache.  So update the cache used in cache-jbosscache2 to 3.0.0,
and add the extra MVCC tests as well.

My pref would be for 2, what do you guys think?

Cheers
--
Manik Surtani
Lead, JBoss Cache