[hibernate-dev] Contributed with HiRDB Dialect

tomoto.shimizu.vt at hitachi.com tomoto.shimizu.vt at hitachi.com
Fri Sep 5 01:08:47 EDT 2008

Hi, my name is Tomoto at Software Division in Hitachi.

I have posted a dialect for HiRDB (Hitachi's RDBMS, see *1) to JIRA.
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/HHH-3465

I would appreciate it if someone in the team could take a look at it
for evaluation, and I would be happy to solve the issues you saw if
any.  I really wish this dialect to be incorporated into Hibernate
so that our customers could easily use Hibernate on HiRDB.

This dialect comes with a feature to allow the user to declare the
parameter types of user-defined functions in the properies file. It
was necessary because HiRDB required ? parameters to be qualified by
'as <type>' in user-defined function invocations.  If there were
other databases that required the similar feature, and if you thought
my implementation was good enough to let them use, I might be able to
make an entry point on the Dialect base class so that other subclasses
could use it more easily.

*1 http://www.hitachi.co.jp/Prod/comp/soft1/global/prod/hirdb/

Thank you in advance,
--