[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Core 3.3 / HEM/HAN 3.4.0 migration hooplas

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Sep 18 11:41:18 EDT 2008

Matt Raible has some interesting feedbacks on the migration.
http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/upgrading_hibernate_to_3_4

There does not seem to be a readme file in the dist anymore. It
probably would be nice to tell people to use the JBoss Maven repo and
some words about the distro structure.

The documentation on the website still is for Hibernate 3.2.2 (http://www.hibernate.org/5.html
)

http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/browse/EJB-382 is
pretty bad, we should release a 3.4.1 somewhat soon (as in before AS 5
GA).

Not sure where his javassist to cglib migration problem come from, I
could not even find the documentation he refers to so he was better
than me :)

Lost of people are bitten by the slf4j implementation drop issue:
unless you drop an slf4j impl, you get nasty CNFE. I wonder if we
could make that easier for users.

--
Emmanuel Bernard
http://in.relation.to/Bloggers/Emmanuel | http://blog.emmanuelbernard.com