[hibernate-dev] Contributed with HiRDB Dialect

Tomoto Shimizu Washio tomoto at kh.rim.or.jp
Fri Sep 19 13:27:42 EDT 2008

Hi Steve,

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 09:02:39 -0500
Steve Ebersole <steve at hibernate.org> wrote:

> Dialect "registration" in DialectFactory would be fantastic.  It was
> planned from the get-go, but I never had a chance to circle back around
> to it.  Its not all that difficult.  But we should agree on a basic
> format for the externalized definitions.

I have a design where each dialect implementation knows the database
name and the version it can be applied to, and users just need to
enumerate the dialect class names in the configuration file to register
them.  If you were interested in this idea, I could write down the
design sketch and/or the code and post them to this ML or JIRA.

> Like Chris said, we need to do an "extras" module anyway at some point.
> So let us know if you'd like this Dialect added there when we do.

I appreciate your offer.  We will decide when the module comes.
Possibly we should not move the dialect to "extras" after it was
released in jp.co.hitachi package and users started to use it.

Thanks,
Tomoto

Tomoto WASHIO <tomoto at kh.rim.or.jp>