[hibernate-dev] Configuration for Infinispan cache working as directory provider in HSearch

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Aug 13 22:07:24 EDT 2009

Question,
Do we have one cache for all indexes (directories) or one per directory?

I feels wrong to see this configuration not scoped per index
hibernate.search.default.directory_provider
blah.blah.InfinispanDirectoryProvider
hibernate.search.default.infinispan_conf com.acme.CacheFactoryImpl

hibernate.search.Address.directory_provider
blah.blah.InfinispanDirectoryProvider
hibernate.search.Address.infinispan_conf conf.xml

hibernate.search.User.directory_provider
blah.blah.InfinispanDirectoryProvider
hibernate.search.User.infinispan_conf auto

As Sanne pointed out, maybe we want different properties for XML,
programmatic and built-in configs. I kinda like the idea of one config
but it seems it will be hard to differenciate a class from a config
file.

Emmanuel