[hibernate-dev] Is Eclipse RCPed application including hibernate library covered under LGPL?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Aug 17 10:19:48 EDT 2009

Your application does not need to be LGPL as long as it follows the
rules layed out in LGPL. i.e.
as long as user can replace the hibernate jars with their own - and
unless you are doing really funky
things in your Eclipse RCP app then that is all doable by modifiying the
plugin directory or .zip that includes it.
And of course if you have done some changes to your distributed version
of hibernate you need to
make those changes available to those you have distributed it to.

But yes, the url Emanuel sends is describing it all in more general terms ;)
/max