[hibernate-dev] [infinispan-dev] Feedback on Infinispan patch

Manik Surtani manik at jboss.org
Wed Aug 26 12:45:32 EDT 2009

Hi there - all looks good.  Some comments:

Summary documentation - is this going to be published on a wiki page
or something somewhere?  Especially the Infinispan bit?  I think
people will find this info very useful...
CacheKey - if this class is what everything is going to be used in the
cache, for performance you should cache the hashcode.  Calculate it
once and then cache it as an instance variable.  If this class is
immutable it can be done on construction, even.  Infinispan uses
hashcode() a lot.  :-)  But then again, depending on how many entries
live in the cache, the overhead of an extra int for every entry may be
heavy ...
LockCacheKey - is probably more performant if this is implemented as a
boolean flag on CacheKey.  Then you won't need to look at the class
type when working out hashcodes
Have you written any stress or performance tests?

Cheers
Manik

Manik Surtani
manik at jboss.org