[hibernate-dev] SearchMapping and its dependency on the analyzer optional package

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Dec 8 05:58:13 EST 2009

SearchMapping has a dependency on Solr's analyzer package which was
optional in 3.1. The current configuration design makes mandatory as
the SearchMapping is now used by the SearchFactoryImpl.

Three solutions:
  - make the analyzer optional dependency mandatory
  - make SearchMapping reflexively used in SFI to avoid the mandatory
dependency on non programmatic model users
  - rethink SearchMapping to avoid the dependency

Either 1 or 3 look viable to me. I don't believe in 2.
Any proposal?