[hibernate-dev] moving Hibernate Search to Lucene 2.9

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 05:15:10 EST 2009

Even though I'm ok with breaking index compatibility,
it looks like option "2" will not break compatibility per-se
(other features might) as they state the same compression algorithm is
being used, just
they don't apply it automatically anymore (and the Store.Compress
isn't defined in 3.0)

Actually option "1" (dropping support for Compression) would break it,
in case you are
having compressed field.

The numbers/dates indexing and new rangequeries will force us to drop
backwards compatibility,
unless we implement those later on keeping the old broken strategy.