[hibernate-dev] Missing setLoadedPersister() and this.loadedKey = loadedKey in CollectionEntry constructor ?

Florent Bayle fbayle at viaxoft.com
Thu Dec 24 10:47:11 EST 2009

Hi,

While testing one of our app, I found a problem : after saving a pojo
with a new HashSet, the saved pojo PersistentSet role/key were null.

I tracked the problem down to one of the CollectionEntry constructors:
public CollectionEntry(CollectionPersister persister,
PersistentCollection collection).
It seems that in this constructor, setLoadedPersister(loadedPersister)
isn't called, nor this.loadedKey = loadedKey, contrary to the other
constructors.
Thus, when collection.setSnapshot(loadedKey, role, snapshot) is
called at the end of the constructor, role and loadedKey  are null and
so, the PersistentSet role/key are null.

Is there a reason for that, and is it possible to patch it ?

Thanks.

--
Florent Bayle