[hibernate-dev] [Bean Validation] XML Mapping schema

Hardy Ferentschik hibernate at ferentschik.de
Tue Jan 27 03:10:04 EST 2009

Hi,

>> Should the ignore-annotation flag be a <bean/> level attribute only
>> or should a user be able to define it at the field/method/class level?

I think bean level annotation is sufficient. I am sure that some people
can come up with some sort of use case field and  method level, but it just
adds unnecessay complexity. Bean level seems to be most intuative

>> We could enhance this in two ways:
>>  - provide type-safe support for built-in validations:
>> <not-null/>,
>> <min>
>>   <value>3</value>
>>   <message>blah</message>
>> </min>
>> etc
>>  - allow custom constraints support in a type-safe way:

Not sure. I like one consistent way of expresssing constraints. I don't
think
it would be so important to have the xml 'typesafe'. Maybe you could send
the
actual xsd files. It would be easier if I could load the xsd into a xml
editor
and try some of the examples.

BTW, what does <stop-inhertiance/> do?

--Hardy