[hibernate-dev] Batch indexing API

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Fri Jul 3 05:05:07 EDT 2009

Overall I think it's good.
some proposals (when followed by a ? my feeling is that the original
name is as good or better)
Generally, I've inversed names to make the most important word first.

Indexer => MassIndexer
objectLoadingThreads => threadsToLoadObjects
objectLoadingBatchSize => batchSizeToLoadObjects
documentBuilderThreads => threadsForSubsequentFetching,
threadsForFetching
indexWriterThreads => threadsIndexingToLucene
cacheMode //when would you need something different than Ignore? Also,
I'd rather get CacheMode be a Search class to keep the independance
wrt Hibernate Core
optimizeAtEnd => optimizeOnFinish
optimizeAfterPurge
purgeAllAtStart => purgeBeforeIndexing ?, purgeAllOnStart, purgeOnStart
limitObjects => indexObjectsUpTo, indexFirstObjectsUpTo,
limitIndexedObjectsTo  //what's the use case?
start => Future should get actually return some stats? We can delay
that but I don't like the JavaDoc claiming that we will always return
null
startAndWait => execute ?

WTY?