[hibernate-dev] [BV] How can a Bean Validation provider have its own Validation implementation

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Thu Jul 16 09:33:49 EDT 2009

IM log

If you look at the spec, I've [...] the implementation details.
Anybody is free to "implement" the API

Which is what we did for JPA-API, Persistence.java is implemented
differently in Sun's and our implementation
The spec defines the public (and protected) contract of the APIs incl
Validation not the implementation

Hardy Ferentschik
what's about the test harness then?
to be an official BV implementation you have to pass the tests against
our javax.validation, right?

Emmanuel Bernard
I don't think so. you could put yours. actually that's the case
because the test harness is supposed to test for sig conformance