[hibernate-dev] HHH 869 (Collections of value type in the Criteria API).

Daniel Pitts daniel.pitts at cbs.com
Tue Jun 9 16:57:02 EDT 2009

Hello,

I'm new to the list, so please forgive me if I miss some common
netiquette that is expected on this list.

I'd like to try to create a patch to solve 869, as well as support
querying of collections of composite types.

First, are there any guidelines of what I should and shouldn't do?  I'd
love to clean up the implementation of CriteriaQueryTranslator while I'm
working in there, but if that would disqualify my patch, then of course
I should avoid that ;-)

Second, I'm having a little trouble finding the metadata I need to
implement CriteriaQueryTranslator.getColumns() and
CriteriaQueryTranslator.getType() for composite collections.  By that
point, I have access to: CollectionPersister, propertyName, and
sqlAlias. CollectionPersister.getElementType() returns a CompositType
that appears to be empty.

Thanks,
Daniel.