[hibernate-dev] JPA 2

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Jun 9 17:15:44 EDT 2009

Sorry for the delay Adam.
It depends what you are looking for:

Pure compliance:
  - JPA 2 won't be final till sept '09 so nobody can be compliant till
then
  - after JPA 2 is officially out, Sun tend to be late in giving the
TCK to their licensees despite the fact that the RI has passed the
TCK. Go figure.
  - it will take use a few weeks after the TCK is handed over to us to
certify

Same features / same APIs:
  - the annotations are mainly stable and we need to port the old
Hibernate Annotations to the new Annotations
  - the criteria API is still getting refined a little bit
We are targeting something like end of summer to get Hibernate on par
with the spec (that can change of course)

Feature equivalent:
  - we already have most of the APIs as Hibernate extensions
  - so you can technically benefit from what's in the spec (minor the
typesafe criteria API)

HTH

Emmanuel