[hibernate-dev] JBoss Cache / Infinispan index copying in HSearch

Łukasz Moreń lukasz.moren at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 10:17:00 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm reviving previous discussion.

#3 Index copy
> this is what you are describing, copying the index using JGroups instead of
> my file system approach. This might have merits esp as we could diminish
> network traffic using multicast but it also require to rethink the master /
> slave modus operandi.
> Today the master copy on a regular basis a clean index to a shared
> directory
> On a regular basis, the slave go and copy the clean index from the shared
> directory.
> In your approach, the master would send changes to the slaves and slaves
> would have to apply them "right away" (on their passive version)
>

> Lukasz,
> I have been discussing with Manik on #3 and we think that JBoss Cache /
> Infinispan are probably a better fit than plain JGroups for that as all the
> plumbing will be configured for you.
> When you reach this problem, let's revive this discussion.

I was thinking about possible ideas about this problem, but could I get some
directions and advices where to start. Does JBC/Infinispan job should be to
store index (kind of shared directory) copied from master, and makes it
available for slaves? Or maybe better idea is to write custom
DirectoryProvider based on JBC/Infinispan with passing over current
master/slave directory providers?

Cheers,
Lukasz