[hibernate-dev] New to Dev List - Have a Patch

Peter Harrison peter.harrison at methodmaker.co.nz
Wed Mar 11 16:02:09 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on a project using the Hibernate ant tools to generate DAO
objects for use inside a Spring context. The existing DAO exporter with
suffix "Home" uses JNDI to get the SessionFactory. However, Spring has its
own HibernateDaoSupport class which use dependency injection rather than
JNDI to determine the Sessionfactory. I could see that the classes I needed
were similar to the existing ones, but with modifications to extend the
HibernateDaoSupport and the dependency injection approach.

Bottom line is that I have downloaded the source and written a patch for
Hibernate Tools to actually create the Spring DAO objects. I essentially
copied the existing DAO export code, writing another exporter. The xml is
<hbm2springdao>. This addition does not introduce a hibernate dependency on
Spring. Although the generated code obviously will depend on Spring there
are no compile time dependencies on it introduced into the exporter itself.
Is this something you want to include in the main distribution? Who should I
submit the patch to?