[hibernate-dev] Hibernate Planning

Emmanuel Bernard emmanuel at hibernate.org
Tue Mar 24 21:51:53 EDT 2009

By release series you mean 3.x or 3.1.x
In any case so far it has maintain such compatibility.

The trickiness here is that one particular feature of HSearch does
rely on a new feature of commons annotations and require that
annotations and entitymanager embrace this new feature to function
properly.

On  Mar 24, 2009, at 16:31, Steve Ebersole wrote:

> Sure, but by the same token I would not upgrade from sl4fj 1.5.x to
> 1.6.x (on the assumption that that introduces an incompatibility)
> between hibernate 3.3.1 and 3.3.2.
>
> The same needs to apply here.  commons-annotations needs to maintain a
> level of compatibility within a release series.
> -
>
> Steve Ebersole
> Project Lead
> http://hibernate.org
> steve at hibernate.org
>
> Principal Software Engineer
> JBoss, a division of Red Hat
> http://jboss.com
> http://redhat.com
> steve.ebersole at jboss.com
> steve.ebersole at redhat.com
>

> On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 19:20 -0400, Emmanuel Bernard wrote:
>> On  Mar 23, 2009, at 09:31, Steve Ebersole wrote:
>>
>>> 1) If commons-annotations *does not* rely on hibernate-core in any
>>> way
>>> then I'm fine to break it it back out if that makes sense.  However
>>> y'all need to be *extremely* careful about this and making sure
>>> about
>>> compatibility.  The whole idea about moving these things back