[hibernate-dev] Backward compatibilty latest snapshot

Marcel Overdijk marceloverdijk at gmail.com
Thu Mar 26 15:27:36 EDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to play with the latest 3.5.0-SNAPSHOT within my Grails 1.1 project
to integrate Hibernate Search.
Grails 1.1 is bases on Hibernate 3.3.1.

The problem I'm facing now is that 3.5.0-snapshot does not seem to be
backward compatible with 3.3.1
org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory was moved to org.hibernate.dialect.*
resolver*.DialectFactory (part of
http://fisheye.jboss.com/changelog/Hibernate?cs=15343).
Grails is using this factory class internally.

Sure thing is I can check out Grails source code change the package and
build Grails.
I'm just wondering now if the above change is just bad luck, or that I will
face a lot of other refactorings?

Cheers,
Marcel