[hibernate-dev] Why cglib was replaced with javassist?

Nikita Tovstoles nikita at doppelganger.com
Fri May 29 11:32:15 EDT 2009

Concern over CGLIB's inactivity is certainly valid. However, our internal load-testing of javassist (a few months back) revealed that the library's perf characteristics aren't quite ready for prime time. In some cases, our system performed 2x faster with cglib v. javassist. I don't recall the exact reason why, but possibly this was due to excess synchronization in javassist code (I could be wrong about this though).

-nikita