[hibernate-dev] Programmatic Mapping patch

Sanne Grinovero sanne.grinovero at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 02:32:49 EST 2009

About 2)
2A - fullTextFilterDef:
While it's ok for the annotation to stay on an indexed entity, I don't
see a named filter as coupled/related to an entity, shouldn't this be
part of global settings?

2B - analyzerDiscriminator
yes makes sense only on an indexed entity, not on indexedembeeded as
it's being ignored on the embedded entity (currently.. improve? not to
support in API now anyway)

2C - similarity
We actually check for only one Similarity being set for a whole index
(i.e. class hierarchy), so this is not settable on indexedembedded for
sure. Actually it might make more sense on a index configuration,
rather than on an entity configuration - if you accept a mismatch in
how configuration works programmatic vs annotations.
There's an open issue already to set similarity at index level (in
addition to annotating the root type), we could consider programmatic
already improved in this sense.

4 - > Is date bridge exclusive to calendar bridge? I think the
contract expresses that today.
Don't know what you mean, but something is wrong here: we have a
CalendarBridge and a DateBridge.

Cheers,
Sanne